Parents for Joy is hosting the 3rd Annual Atascadero Citywide Yard sale on June 20, from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. The event was rescheduled due to the COVID-19 shelter in place restrictions. As the community starts to re-open, they believe it can be done safely and healthily. It is encouraged that sellers and shoppers take the following precautions.
- Follow Local Health Guidelines by visiting the San Luis Obispo County Public Health Department.
- Clean and disinfect items you intend to sell.
- Consider having wipes or hand sanitizers available to shoppers.
- Spread items out as much as possible so shoppers can maintain a safe distance from each other.
- Consider using a mobile payment service to request money or pay for your items, such as Venmo.
- Wear masks and maintain a 6ft physical distance from other shoppers
- Only touch or pick up items you are seriously interested in purchasing
- If you buy an item, clean it before bringing it into your home.
The deadline for Sellers to register is June 16. The fees are $15 per household and $40 for an organization.
You can register online by visiting their website at
parentsforjoy.org/events. All payments are non-refundable donations to Parents for Joy.
If you are a yard-sale shopper, a link to the digital map will be available starting June 17.
If your business is interested in sponsoring the event, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.