There will be a Vintage and Artisan Street Faire and a variety of food vendors
ATASCADERO — The City of Atascadero is gearing up for another First Friday on March 3 in Downtown. The next First Friday will feature LuLu & The Chaos. In addition, there will be a Vintage and Artisan Street Faire and a variety of food vendors to come out and enjoy.
LuLu and the Chaos is a supergroup of Central Coast musicians. Born out of the local staple, LuLu and the Cowtippers, the anchor is the soulful Donna Lu. Donna has been rocking the clubs since 1995 with the Cowtippers, who recently joined forces with guitarist, Todd Andrew (Small Kicks, MoFunk). The onstage chemistry is undeniable, but there was one element lacking … harmonies. Enter Rolf Gehrung, another mainstay of the local scene. Rolf and Todd do many shows as Rolf and the Chaos, so when he entered the fold, LuLu and the Chaos was born. Round it off with the amazing beats of David Chock and you got one mean entertainment machine. In addition to the music, there will be a handful of food trucks, Bear City Social, Paradise Shaved Ice, Paso Catering, and Zen Dog PLUS Vintage & Artisan vendors.
Mark your calendar. As First Fridays continue, take a look at the variety of events planned through the year:
As First Fridays continue, there will be a variety of themes to enjoy. Following is what to expect:
- Apr. 7: Stellar Band at Historic City Hall / Kicking off #Atowndowntownpassport Retail Crawl
- May 5: Cinco de Mayo — Sip & Shop paired with Tamale Food Booths & Trucks. Plus Complimentary Tours of Historic City Hall and potential Fireworks (if safe to do so.)
- Jun. 2: Downtown Pub Crawl
- Jul. 7: Sōleffect Band at Historic City Hall
- Aug. 4: Downtown Stage with Soundhouse
- Sept. 1: Concert in Downtown at The Plaza with DeJaVu Band
- Oct. 6: Fall Sip & Shop plus Complimentary Tours of Historic City Hall
- Nov. 1: Concert in Downtown at The Plaza with Erin and the Earthquakes
- Dec. 1: Light up the Downtown plus Holiday Sip $ Shop.
The City would like to thank their Presenting Sponsors, Barley & Boar Brewhouse (open soon), Cielo Ristorante & Rooftop Bar and Street Side Ale House. First Friday events are free to attend and most evenings will kick off between 5:30 and 6 p.m. When there is a concert, the public is encouraged to bring a low-back chair. Make a night of it as a date night or with the family to enjoy the variety of eating establishments, shops, and entertainment in the Downtown.
For more information on the First Friday’s promotion or other events and activities, visit VisitAtascadero.com/events.