Expos and craft fairs are a common sight on the Central Coast, but 805 Boutiques brings a new twist to the familiar scene. Owner Robin Peterson said she saw an opportunity to showcase direct sales and multi-level marketing businesses in the community.
Three years ago, she rented a small venue and sold spots where local sellers could share their products. Peterson admitted that her business debut produced lackluster results.
“It was terrible, no one showed up,” Peterson said, laughing. “But it was a lot of fun.”
She said that everyone agreed that there needed to be more events catering to this specific market.
The idea and business continued to grow and gain recognition. Currently, the events take place in Sunken Gardens, located in downtown Atascadero, supporting approximately 50 vendors in selling their wares. Peterson noted that the City of Atascadero made the transition to the outdoor area painless and the larger venue allows her to sell booth placements at a more competitive level.
Peterson believes her business helps the community by connecting local buyers to local sellers. Direct marketing sales generally are limited to the seller’s circle of influence — friends, family and co-workers. However, 805 Boutiques allows budding entrepreneurs the chance to broaden their limited contact range and establish a greater clientele base. She believes that helping others is just good business sense.
“There’s more than enough customers,” Peterson said. “There’s more than enough opportunity, finding our niche and being visible and reaching those people is that much easier to do if you are helping other people.”
Apart from being a business owner, Peterson also works part-time as a masseuse in a local chiropractic office and also homeschools her two children, ages 2 and 4.
“I love my kids more than anything,” Peterson said. “But being able to help others, specifically being able to help other local moms work out a part-time job and be able to stay home with their kids more, that’s probably my biggest business passion… I think that the more parents can be with their kids, the better society will be.”
805 Boutiques plans to host three events at Sunken Gardens in 2019; March 16, May 11 and a holiday event scheduled in mid-November. All the events are free to attend and this year Peterson is excited to announce food trucks being added to her business expo.
For more information, visit https://www.facebook.com/805Boutiques/
About The Author
March 2, 2020
March 1, 2020
November 27, 2019
Search Atascadero News
- Local Printing Company Provides Education ServiceCasey Printing in King City is offering packet printing for schools and teachers to assist in distribution of educational materials as they adapt to distance learning initiatives. The post Local Printing Company Provides Education Service appeared first on Morro Bay Life.
- Landmark Morro Bay Restaurant Offers New Takeout ExperienceThe Galley Grab ‘n’ Go offers take-out and delivery in Morro Bay Known as one of Morro Bay’s landmark waterfront restaurants, The Galley Seafood Grill & Bar is adapting to the COVID-19 crises by moving out of the dining room and into local Morro Bay homes with their new takeout experience. Branded as The Galley Grab […]
- Coronavirus Is Spreading – So Are Related ScamsUnfortunately, fraudsters are trying to take advantage of the viral headlines. On January 30, the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the coronavirus outbreak a public health emergency – and unfortunately, fraudsters are trying to take advantage of the viral headlines. New email phishing scams have been reported in which fraudsters are posing as the Centers […]
- Jack of All Trades: Skateboards, Basketball and FilmJack Smith is a pioneer in the world of skateboarding, having been among the first persons to push a board more than 2,300 miles across the U.S. in 1976; then recreating the feat in 1984, 2003 and 2013 along with a solo-push on an electric board in 2018. His boards are preserved at the Smithsonian […]
- Community Members Rally Together To Support One Another During Health CrisisIn the midst of adapting to a changing daily life in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic, community members are rallying to support one another and make sure that those who are the most vulnerable are surrounded by a network of care to meet their daily needs. Giovanni DeGarimore, a third-generation Central Coast native who […]
- New Townhomes Now For SaleMorro Mist offers affordable two and three bedroom homes A new townhomes project in North Morro Bay is nearing completion and showing units now. Located in the 2400 block of North Main St., the “Morro Mist” project consists of 23 units in a mix of one bedroom-one bath, and three bedroom-two bath floor plans. Each […]
- Morro Bay Art Association presents ‘Beyond the Sea’Art is powerful. It has the ability to communicate important social, political and environmental issues in a way that is loud and unyielding in its resolve and at the same time playful and beautiful in its approach. Inspired by our magnificent oceans and our compelling desire to understand and protect them, this exhibit goes far […]
- Rolling Out the Red CarpetMorro Bay Oscar party raises $600 for MBHS Drama Dept. Movie fans gathered Feb. 9 for a viewing party for the 92nd Annual Academy Awards and raised money to support Morro Bay High School’s Performing Arts Department. Hosted by Sabin Gray, owner of the Hooray for Hollywood movie collectibles and memorabilia shop in Dutchman’s Landing, […]
- Morro Bay LandingConstruction complete on new Embarcadero eatery The newest addition to the Morro Bay waterfront is looking for a few businesses to fill some vacant spaces, in what is certainly a unique-looking edifice. Morro Bay Landing, located at 1213 Embarcadero, finished construction in mid-December by leaseholder, Bob Fowler, and completes a total rebuilding of a lease […]
- “Brushstrokes 2020” to Feature SLO Museum of Art Painters GroupShow canceled due to coronavirus closures, but here is some art to enjoy Morro Bay Art Association is set host The Painters Group of San Luis Obispo Museum of Art, and their compelling, juried exhibit, “Brushstrokes 2020.” This annual event is a collective of exceptional paintings, featuring works from current TPG and MBAA members throughout […]