Breaking news, personal and business profiles, and comprehensive coverage of the local news you care about
The Atascadero News — the North SLO County’s daily news leader — offers the most current and comprehensive coverage of the Atascadero and surrounding area with daily news and informative profiles.
The Atascadero News has delivered the news of Atascadero and surrounding areas in print for more than 100 years, and serves the local community with the most comprehensive and complete coverage of the Atascadero daily news cycle on the Atascadero area’s No. 1 online news source.
The industry standard ranking service, Alexa.com (an Amazon company) ranks The Atascadero News website as the top-ranked source for news and information in the North SLO County area, head and shoulders above the competition. Not only is atascadero.com ranked as No. 1, but its sister publication The Paso Robles Press (pasoroblespress.com) also holds strong at the top as the two top-ranked news sites focused on the local community.
With engaging content from professional writers and local event coverage, to breaking daily news for the community about topics they care about, atascaderonews.com brings our readers the latest in daily news and the area’s best advertisers. As the Atascadero daily news leader, in print and online, The Atascadero News offers the best advertising opportunities in North SLO County.
Reputation metrics are important in measuring the quality of a site. Alexa counts backlinks with quality in mind, cutting through the deception that link farms and link exchanges attempt to pass off to search engines. Paso Robles Press and Atascadero News lead the backlink category with quality news by real journalists. Our readers know it, and so do sites choosing to link to us, making us No. 1 in yet another quality metric.
How does Alexa count backlinks?
The number of sites linking in that Alexa reports is the number of websites in Alexa’s crawl of the web that link to a given website.
Here are a few explanations for cases where you know of links pointing to your site that Alexa does not list:
- We count the number of sites linking in, and not the number of pages. (Only one link from a given site is counted.)
- We update the number of sites linking in only once per week for all sites.
- We don’t count links from link farms or other similar search engine placement mechanisms, such as links that are obviously from link exchanges.
- We don’t count links that appear in search results on a major search engine (such as Google, Bing, etc.). We do count links from non-search URLs on search engines, for example plus.google.com.
- Alexa’s crawl of the web is focused on pages that have measurable traffic. If we can’t measure any traffic from a given page, then it is less likely to be crawled and the links on that page will not be counted.
The Alexa traffic rank is in no way related to Sites Linking In.