Residents are invited to attend workshop on Jan. 25 to help plan Atascadero’s next 20 years
ATASCADERO — The City of Atascadero will be hosting an Open House Workshop to hear ideas from the community to guide the next 20-plus years. Those ideas will be reflected in city’s General Plan, a comprehensive planning document last updated in 2000. This Open House provides the opportunity for all community members to discuss and confirm the long-term vision for Atascadero and to discuss community assets, opportunities, and challenges.
The General Plan update for 2045 will lay the foundation for how infrastructure and community amenities can evolve to address housing, transportation, jobs and the economy, and sustainability. This workshop offers residents and business owners a unique opportunity to join the conversation and share their thoughts about how Atascadero can respond to community needs and aspirations in the next 20 to 25 years.
This interactive event will let participants:
- Learn about the City of Atascadero General Plan update process and its importance for the city’s future;
- Review the existing context and key considerations developed from initial research and analysis;
- Share their vision for Atascadero;
- Discuss Atascadero’s assets and challenges, together with ideas for change;
- Identify ways to stay involved in the project.
The Open House Workshop will be a casual, drop-in event. No registration is required.
Open House Workshop
- When: Wednesday, Jan. 25. Stop by any time between 3 and 7 p.m.
- Where: City Hall Lobby, 6500 Palma Avenue
Join the city and help us plan our future together.