Golden 1 Credit Union is committed to the well-being of our members, employees, and community. For over 85 years, Golden 1 has been and continues to be a strong and stable credit union. We take our role seriously as your financial institution and in helping you, your loved ones, and our community get through these uncertain times.
Member Services and Emergency Relief
Our number one priority is to serve and care for our members, today and every day. Rest assured, we’re here for you.
Here’s what we are doing to assist our members:
- Automated transfers and payments as well as direct deposits will continue to post to your accounts as normal.
- You can rely on Golden 1. Your money is protected and available to you. Golden 1 is a federally-insured credit union.
- We are waiving many fees to help you access your money and give you peace-of-mind. Through April 30, 2020 there will be no Golden 1 fees when using another bank’s ATM (third party fees may apply), no late fees for auto, mortgages, home equity loans and lines of credit, credit cards, and other loans, as well as no early withdrawal fees on your Term Certificates.
- We are offering loan payment deferrals* of up to 3 months on your auto, credit card, home equity, personal loans, and lines of credit and up to 6 months on your mortgage. There are no fees for this service or negative reporting on your credit report. Request a loan payment deferral.
- We have an exclusive emergency loan program for our members for up to $5,000 with a fixed interest rate as low as 0% Annual Percentage Rate (APR). Apply for a low rate emergency loan.**
“Bank at Home” Services
Stay connected with Golden 1 and your money easily and conveniently from home with these free*** services.
- Mobile and Online Banking are available for you 24/7. It’s easy to sign up, and with our digital banking guarantee, it’s safe and secure. Enroll now or learn more about our “bank at home” services. Here’s what you can do at-a-glance:
- Account inquiries and transfers
- Loan and bill payments
- Deposit checks (using the app)
- Open a new account
- Manage your debit or credit card using our free*** Card Controls app. You can instantly turn your cards on and off.
- Apply for a new loan or credit card, and so much more.
- Golden1.com – Our newly designed website is easily accessible online and from your smart phone and has a wealth of information at your fingertips, including a handy search feature to find what you need quickly and easily.
- Email your questions, or for account specific inquiries, securely through your online account. We will respond within 24 hours.
- Use our automated phone system to easily make loan payments at 1-877-GOLDEN 1 (1-877-465-3361).
- Call to speak to a representative with questions. Please note: Wait times are longer than normal. We encourage you to use our online and mobile banking for your transactions or visit our website for information or questions.
Our ATMs are available for cash withdrawals, account inquiries, account transfers, as well as to deposit checks and cash, make loan payments (for auto and personal loans and lines), and more.
Our branch network is open for essential services. Our hours have been temporarily modified to 10 a.m. –4 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. Saturday with a few locations closed or with extended hours. Please check our website or use our mobile app before visiting a branch location or Home Loan Center for the latest information. We strongly recommend you limit in-person branch visits at this time. Take advantage of our easily accessible and secure Free “Bank at Home” services. If you must visit our branches we have sanitized and taken preventative measures for your health.
Caring for Our Employees
We have a responsibility to our employees who live in our community and who are dedicated to serving members in these challenging times. Like many of our members, they are impacted by school and day care closures. They are also caring for themselves, their families, and have a responsibility for the health of our community.
We greatly value our employees. We have compensation and benefits programs to support their financial well-being during this time. All employees have generous sick and paid leave benefits and access to robust medical benefits.
Golden 1 and all our employees thank you for your understanding and patience. We are doing our very best to be here for our valued members when they need us most as well as provide much needed support to our employees who give so much of their time and heart to serving and caring for our members.
Supporting Our Community
Giving back has been an integral part of Golden 1 since day 1 and, in times like these, it’s more important than ever. By fulfilling immediate needs as well as ensuring the long-term health of our communities, we’ll get through this. We have donated more than $100,000 to food banks, agencies serving seniors, and nonprofits assisting with basic needs during this pandemic. We are also donating over 25,000 items of personal protective equipment to area hospitals including masks and gloves from our first aid supplies. We know more needs will arise and Golden 1 is actively listening and responding. We are committed to doing everything we can to ensure our shared communities are taken care of in their time of need.
*Finance charges will continue to accrue during the deferral period, your payments will be applied to the deferred interest prior to any application to principal. It is important to understand deferral of payments will increase finance charges over the life of the loan, and may increase the number of payments required to pay off the loan, your final payment may also change.
**Conditions apply. Terms subject to change without notice. All loans subject to approval.
***Message and data rates may apply. Check with your mobile provider.