On July 13th Louis “Luigi” Joseph Barbano joined his wife, Mary Jane Barbano up in heaven. For the last 10 years, Luigi resided in Atascadero, California but spent most of his life in Fresno, California. Growing up, Luigi excelled at all sports including earning a full ride scholarship for pole vaulting. After serving in the Army, stationed in Alaska, Luigi worked for the City of Fresno for over 25 years as a mechanic. In the late 60’s, Luigi and his wife opened up a Mama Mia’s Pizzeria, the best Italian Take Out in Fresno! After retirement, Luigi lived the good life of golfing, fixing anything around the house and still cracking his jokes. Luigi is survived by his eldest daughter Linda Foley, his youngest daughter Debby Evans and his grand-daughter Erin Foley. Luigi will be missed.
About The Author
Articles published by The Atascadero News may be publicly submitted press releases, contributed articles, staff reports, or other forms of media not specifically authored by a member of our News Staff.
Search Atascadero News
- Five Helpful Writing Tips, Part 2By Patricia Alexander I’m back with another five writing tips for anyone who needs some encouragement and direction, no matter what their project. Here is some practical wisdom from my 45 years of writing and editing: Allow Your Inner Writer a Voice. Writing is just talking, but with a specific purpose and personality. Getting published […]
- Richard ‘Dick’ Nock,Remembering a Local a LegacyNock was named Cattlemen of the Year in 1979; the list of all his accomplishments is almost endless By CAMILLE DEVAUL On a chilly morning in Cayucos, California, some long time friends sat around a fire on their friend’s ranch. With polenta being stirred and stew warming in a pot, they laughed and shared memories […]
- A Year Like No OtherBy JIM BRESCIA, Ed.D, County Superintendent of Schools According to Google, the three most highly searched words/phrases during 2020 were election results, Coronavirus, and Kobe Bryant. A quick review of the Google Trends for 2020 will inform historians that 2020 was a year like no other to this generation. COVID-19 enveloped all aspects of life […]
- The Coming Attraction? ‘For Sale’By NEIL FARRELL It’s a marquee message you’ve probably never seen on a movie theater; instead of the name of the latest blockbuster, the Bay Theater in Morro Bay’s marquee reads, “For Sale.” Mary Lou Jannopoulos has owned the Bay Theater for the past 25 years. Her late-husband Jim originally bought the Bay in 1973 […]
- Public Health Officials Lift Regional Stay at Home Order for All RegionsSACRAMENTO – On Monday, Jan. 25, officials with the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) ended the Regional Stay at Home Order, lifting the order for all regions statewide, including the three regions that had still been under the order – San Joaquin Valley, Bay Area, and Southern California. According to the press release, health […]
- HHS Orders to Retract $14,060 FDA Fee on Emergency Hand Sanitizer ManufacturersCalwise Spirits Co. Owner Aaron Bergh Credits Support from Media and Public for Decision Reversal But Warns the Dust Has Not Settled PASO ROBLES — Following immense public backlash, the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) has ordered the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to reverse its decision to impose a last-minute $14,060 tax […]
- Longing to Travel?Four Options for a Socially Distant GetawayBy SARAH SANTANA “Im in desperate need of an escape,” reads one recent comment on a Reddit travel forum, echoing a common sentiment. Many Americans are ready to venture out: a recent LuggageHero survey shows 71 percent were planning domestic trips in 2020 despite the pandemic. Destinations that offer plenty of space to spread out […]
- City Approves Monitoring ContractsBy NEIL FARRELL Morro Bay City Council approved two more contracts for its Water Reclamation Facility Project, as work is set to begin on the second phase of the overall project. On Jan. 7, the city council voted to award a contract “not to exceed” $264,918 to Cogstone Resource Management, Inc. Cogstone is headquartered in […]
- MBPD Promotes Long-Time OfficerBy NEIL FARRELL A long-time Morro Bay Police officer has been promoted, replacing an officer who was hired on with the County Sheriff’s Department. Senior Officer Robert Hufstetler became Sergeant Hufstetler in January, settling into a supervisory role after over 20 years with MBPD. Sgt. Hufstetler started in law enforcement at the Moreno Valley P.D. […]
- Your 2021 Morro BayChamber Board of DirectorsThe Morro Bay Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors are business owner-operators who have been elected by Chamber members to serve three-year terms as volunteer board members. The Board of Directors shape our non-profit’s positions on critical issues for our members, approve our legislative platform and budget, and influence how we work to improve the […]