July 7, 2020 our most loved husband, father, grandfather and brother, Patrick (P.A., Pat) Adams went home to his Lord Jesus to help tend His heavenly garden.Born in May, 1944 to Francis and Lydia Adams, Pat was a life-long resident of San Luis Obispo county attending Mission Prep, San Luis High, Coalinga J.C. and Cal Poly S.L.O.Patrick was always energetic and ambitious. He was a high school basketball star, an awe- inspiring fisherman, a junior sports coach and a garden designer with humor and vision that served him well throughout his life and career in business management in the grocery and convenience store industry. He retired in 2006.He and his wife, Jeaninne, built their home in Atascadero in 1985 where he designed and landscaped much of his property earning him Atascadero’s Beautification Award on two separate occasions for the installation of lawns and garden paths as well as stone facades and footings to the home and the placement of boulders and river rock perimeter walls for his yards.With the help of his four kids, P.A. locally harvested and placed every stone on the house and in the yards and he became known as a rock collector. He prized and appreciated every type of rock formation but especially the ones that were like his personality; large, smooth and ever present! No matter if he was gardening, traveling or barbecuing baby backs Patrick was always talking to someone. Friends, neighbors or passers by would hear stories that would strike wonder or bring a laugh, as he recounted more than slightly exaggerated details about his latest cruise, a beach trip in the RV or one of the glorious moments he experienced as a bouncer for Elvis in his young adulthood. Pat’s humor and zeal for life were the center of so many enjoyable moments for everybody that knew him.The family that remains to grieve the great loss of this wonderful man are: Wife, Jeaninne Adams, Brother, Jack Adams of Hamilton MT, Sister, Janie Perry of Santa Margarita CA,Children: Sean Adams of Paso Robles CA, Lori Allen of Santa Rosa CA, Ryan Adams of Bethpage TN, Josey Fountain of Atascadero CA. Grandchildren: Brittany Buckley of Chino CA, Mallory Allen of Tacoma WA, Samuel Allen of Bozeman MT and Jacob and Ezra Fountain of Atascadero CA.Private services will be held in July. “A big, loud party with lots of desserts” to celebrate his life is being planned for Spring, 2021, the Lord willing this pandemic has ended.
About The Author
Articles published by The Atascadero News may be publicly submitted press releases, contributed articles, staff reports, or other forms of media not specifically authored by a member of our News Staff.
Search Atascadero News
- Remembering September 11, 19 Years LaterWhere were you on September 11, 2001? Nineteen years ago, I was getting ready for work at my house on Scott Street in Paso Robles. I was 22 years old. I had no idea what I was looking at or how it would impact all of our lives going forward. As we watched the terror […]
- Local Printing Company Provides Education ServiceCasey Printing in King City is offering packet printing for schools and teachers to assist in distribution of educational materials as they adapt to distance learning initiatives. The post Local Printing Company Provides Education Service appeared first on Morro Bay Life.
- Landmark Morro Bay Restaurant Offers New Takeout ExperienceThe Galley Grab ‘n’ Go offers take-out and delivery in Morro Bay Known as one of Morro Bay’s landmark waterfront restaurants, The Galley Seafood Grill & Bar is adapting to the COVID-19 crises by moving out of the dining room and into local Morro Bay homes with their new takeout experience. Branded as The Galley Grab […]
- Coronavirus Is Spreading – So Are Related ScamsUnfortunately, fraudsters are trying to take advantage of the viral headlines. On January 30, the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the coronavirus outbreak a public health emergency – and unfortunately, fraudsters are trying to take advantage of the viral headlines. New email phishing scams have been reported in which fraudsters are posing as the Centers […]
- Jack of All Trades: Skateboards, Basketball and FilmJack Smith is a pioneer in the world of skateboarding, having been among the first persons to push a board more than 2,300 miles across the U.S. in 1976; then recreating the feat in 1984, 2003 and 2013 along with a solo-push on an electric board in 2018. His boards are preserved at the Smithsonian […]
- Community Members Rally Together To Support One Another During Health CrisisIn the midst of adapting to a changing daily life in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic, community members are rallying to support one another and make sure that those who are the most vulnerable are surrounded by a network of care to meet their daily needs. Giovanni DeGarimore, a third-generation Central Coast native who […]
- New Townhomes Now For SaleMorro Mist offers affordable two and three bedroom homes A new townhomes project in North Morro Bay is nearing completion and showing units now. Located in the 2400 block of North Main St., the “Morro Mist” project consists of 23 units in a mix of one bedroom-one bath, and three bedroom-two bath floor plans. Each […]
- Morro Bay Art Association presents ‘Beyond the Sea’Art is powerful. It has the ability to communicate important social, political and environmental issues in a way that is loud and unyielding in its resolve and at the same time playful and beautiful in its approach. Inspired by our magnificent oceans and our compelling desire to understand and protect them, this exhibit goes far […]
- Rolling Out the Red CarpetMorro Bay Oscar party raises $600 for MBHS Drama Dept. Movie fans gathered Feb. 9 for a viewing party for the 92nd Annual Academy Awards and raised money to support Morro Bay High School’s Performing Arts Department. Hosted by Sabin Gray, owner of the Hooray for Hollywood movie collectibles and memorabilia shop in Dutchman’s Landing, […]
- Morro Bay LandingConstruction complete on new Embarcadero eatery The newest addition to the Morro Bay waterfront is looking for a few businesses to fill some vacant spaces, in what is certainly a unique-looking edifice. Morro Bay Landing, located at 1213 Embarcadero, finished construction in mid-December by leaseholder, Bob Fowler, and completes a total rebuilding of a lease […]