July 7, 2020 our most loved husband, father, grandfather and brother, Patrick (P.A., Pat) Adams went home to his Lord Jesus to help tend His heavenly garden.Born in May, 1944 to Francis and Lydia Adams, Pat was a life-long resident of San Luis Obispo county attending Mission Prep, San Luis High, Coalinga J.C. and Cal Poly S.L.O.Patrick was always energetic and ambitious. He was a high school basketball star, an awe- inspiring fisherman, a junior sports coach and a garden designer with humor and vision that served him well throughout his life and career in business management in the grocery and convenience store industry. He retired in 2006.He and his wife, Jeaninne, built their home in Atascadero in 1985 where he designed and landscaped much of his property earning him Atascadero’s Beautification Award on two separate occasions for the installation of lawns and garden paths as well as stone facades and footings to the home and the placement of boulders and river rock perimeter walls for his yards.With the help of his four kids, P.A. locally harvested and placed every stone on the house and in the yards and he became known as a rock collector. He prized and appreciated every type of rock formation but especially the ones that were like his personality; large, smooth and ever present! No matter if he was gardening, traveling or barbecuing baby backs Patrick was always talking to someone. Friends, neighbors or passers by would hear stories that would strike wonder or bring a laugh, as he recounted more than slightly exaggerated details about his latest cruise, a beach trip in the RV or one of the glorious moments he experienced as a bouncer for Elvis in his young adulthood. Pat’s humor and zeal for life were the center of so many enjoyable moments for everybody that knew him.The family that remains to grieve the great loss of this wonderful man are: Wife, Jeaninne Adams, Brother, Jack Adams of Hamilton MT, Sister, Janie Perry of Santa Margarita CA,Children: Sean Adams of Paso Robles CA, Lori Allen of Santa Rosa CA, Ryan Adams of Bethpage TN, Josey Fountain of Atascadero CA. Grandchildren: Brittany Buckley of Chino CA, Mallory Allen of Tacoma WA, Samuel Allen of Bozeman MT and Jacob and Ezra Fountain of Atascadero CA.Private services will be held in July. “A big, loud party with lots of desserts” to celebrate his life is being planned for Spring, 2021, the Lord willing this pandemic has ended.
About The Author
Articles published by The Atascadero News may be publicly submitted press releases, contributed articles, staff reports, or other forms of media not specifically authored by a member of our News Staff.
Search Atascadero News
- Taste of Americana:Cranberries Help to Shake Things Up a Bitby BARBIE BUTZ When I was growing up, Thanksgiving was one of my favorite holidays. It still is, but of course, it has changed through the years. Members of our family and friends who joined my parents on that day have passed. However, the memories are always with me. The menu was always the traditional […]
- Commentary: Feeling Aliveby VALENTINA PETROVA Doing what you’ve always done will get you what you’ve always gotten. New paths lead to new experiences. Life is for living. But not all actions and not all paths make you feel alive. Some kill you. While others painfully diminish you. At the end of a lifetime, people close their eyes […]
- Today is the Day! Nov. 3, 2020 Election day!Did you vote? Today is the day! Be sure to have your ballots in or go vote in person! There are 23 Voter Service Centers that be open today, Nov. 3 Election Day from 7 a.m. – 8 p.m. Many locations that had been used as polling places in the past are not being used […]
- City Expands the Utility Discount Program to Help Those in Need, to Consider a Business Grant Program in OctoberStaff Report MORRO BAY – City Council approved enhancements to the City’s Utility Discount Program (UDP) for qualifying community members. Under the new plan, the discount for qualifying residents on their monthly water/sewer bills expands from 10% to 25% through the end of June 2021. “We understand many folks in our community are struggling financially […]
- SLO Food Bank is 2020 Nonprofit of the YearStaff Report SAN LUIS OBISPO — SLO Food Bank was selected as a 2020 California Nonprofit of the Year by California Association of Nonprofits (CalNonprofits) and Assemblymember Jordan Cunningham. The SLO Food Bank is one of over 100 nonprofits that will be honored by their state senators and assemblymembers for their contributions to the communities […]
- Surfing for Hope Foundation Introduces Survivor Surf CampStaff Report The Surfing for Hope Foundation team recently unveiled plans for their first-ever Survivor Surf Camp to take place on Saturday, October 10. Established in 2012, the Surfing for Hope Foundation (SFH) was created to help ease the difficulty of battling cancer through the healing powers of surfing and ocean life. The original event, […]
- Differences Arise in Candidate ForumMorro Bay’s council candidates squared off for the first time Sept. 24 in a virtual forum sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce, with several distinct differences emerging between the hopefuls. Held via Zoom, the forum focused on business matters with those participating asking or texting questions to the candidates. The over 50 citizens who logged […]
- Local Business Owners Speak OutFor many, 2020 has resulted in the loss of income, some may even feel they have lost faith in our medical system, and some have gone to the extreme and have lost trust in our government. Because of 2020’s challenges, it’s crucial to continue to hold events like SPEAK OUT. The Central Coast Chapter of […]
- Libertine Pub Gets 3-Year LeaseMorro Bay’s popular brewpub, The Libertine, will continue for at least 3 more years after signing a new, interim, master lease for its location on the Embarcadero. The craft brewpub, located at 801 Embarcadero, with a huge offering of craft beers on tap and food, had its future blurred somewhat when the master leaseholder of […]
- COVID-19 Update: Suicide Prevention Council of SLO County Address Mental HealthDr. Borenstein says State will be issuing guidance for celebrating Halloween By Brian Williams SAN LUIS OBISPO — San Luis Obispo County Public Health’s weekly COVID-19 update included information about suicide prevention. September is nationally recognized as Suicide Prevention Month. There were 49 suicides recorded in San Luis Obispo County in 2019. San Luis Obispo […]