July 7, 2020 our most loved husband, father, grandfather and brother, Patrick (P.A., Pat) Adams went home to his Lord Jesus to help tend His heavenly garden.Born in May, 1944 to Francis and Lydia Adams, Pat was a life-long resident of San Luis Obispo county attending Mission Prep, San Luis High, Coalinga J.C. and Cal Poly S.L.O.Patrick was always energetic and ambitious. He was a high school basketball star, an awe- inspiring fisherman, a junior sports coach and a garden designer with humor and vision that served him well throughout his life and career in business management in the grocery and convenience store industry. He retired in 2006.He and his wife, Jeaninne, built their home in Atascadero in 1985 where he designed and landscaped much of his property earning him Atascadero’s Beautification Award on two separate occasions for the installation of lawns and garden paths as well as stone facades and footings to the home and the placement of boulders and river rock perimeter walls for his yards.With the help of his four kids, P.A. locally harvested and placed every stone on the house and in the yards and he became known as a rock collector. He prized and appreciated every type of rock formation but especially the ones that were like his personality; large, smooth and ever present! No matter if he was gardening, traveling or barbecuing baby backs Patrick was always talking to someone. Friends, neighbors or passers by would hear stories that would strike wonder or bring a laugh, as he recounted more than slightly exaggerated details about his latest cruise, a beach trip in the RV or one of the glorious moments he experienced as a bouncer for Elvis in his young adulthood. Pat’s humor and zeal for life were the center of so many enjoyable moments for everybody that knew him.The family that remains to grieve the great loss of this wonderful man are: Wife, Jeaninne Adams, Brother, Jack Adams of Hamilton MT, Sister, Janie Perry of Santa Margarita CA,Children: Sean Adams of Paso Robles CA, Lori Allen of Santa Rosa CA, Ryan Adams of Bethpage TN, Josey Fountain of Atascadero CA. Grandchildren: Brittany Buckley of Chino CA, Mallory Allen of Tacoma WA, Samuel Allen of Bozeman MT and Jacob and Ezra Fountain of Atascadero CA.Private services will be held in July. “A big, loud party with lots of desserts” to celebrate his life is being planned for Spring, 2021, the Lord willing this pandemic has ended.
About The Author
Articles published by The Atascadero News may be publicly submitted press releases, contributed articles, staff reports, or other forms of media not specifically authored by a member of our News Staff.
Search Atascadero News
- Five Helpful Writing Tips, Part 2By Patricia Alexander I’m back with another five writing tips for anyone who needs some encouragement and direction, no matter what their project. Here is some practical wisdom from my 45 years of writing and editing: Allow Your Inner Writer a Voice. Writing is just talking, but with a specific purpose and personality. Getting published […]
- Richard ‘Dick’ Nock,Remembering a Local a LegacyNock was named Cattlemen of the Year in 1979; the list of all his accomplishments is almost endless By CAMILLE DEVAUL On a chilly morning in Cayucos, California, some long time friends sat around a fire on their friend’s ranch. With polenta being stirred and stew warming in a pot, they laughed and shared memories […]
- A Year Like No OtherBy JIM BRESCIA, Ed.D, County Superintendent of Schools According to Google, the three most highly searched words/phrases during 2020 were election results, Coronavirus, and Kobe Bryant. A quick review of the Google Trends for 2020 will inform historians that 2020 was a year like no other to this generation. COVID-19 enveloped all aspects of life […]
- The Coming Attraction? ‘For Sale’By NEIL FARRELL It’s a marquee message you’ve probably never seen on a movie theater; instead of the name of the latest blockbuster, the Bay Theater in Morro Bay’s marquee reads, “For Sale.” Mary Lou Jannopoulos has owned the Bay Theater for the past 25 years. Her late-husband Jim originally bought the Bay in 1973 […]
- Public Health Officials Lift Regional Stay at Home Order for All RegionsSACRAMENTO – On Monday, Jan. 25, officials with the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) ended the Regional Stay at Home Order, lifting the order for all regions statewide, including the three regions that had still been under the order – San Joaquin Valley, Bay Area, and Southern California. According to the press release, health […]
- HHS Orders to Retract $14,060 FDA Fee on Emergency Hand Sanitizer ManufacturersCalwise Spirits Co. Owner Aaron Bergh Credits Support from Media and Public for Decision Reversal But Warns the Dust Has Not Settled PASO ROBLES — Following immense public backlash, the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) has ordered the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to reverse its decision to impose a last-minute $14,060 tax […]
- Longing to Travel?Four Options for a Socially Distant GetawayBy SARAH SANTANA “Im in desperate need of an escape,” reads one recent comment on a Reddit travel forum, echoing a common sentiment. Many Americans are ready to venture out: a recent LuggageHero survey shows 71 percent were planning domestic trips in 2020 despite the pandemic. Destinations that offer plenty of space to spread out […]
- City Approves Monitoring ContractsBy NEIL FARRELL Morro Bay City Council approved two more contracts for its Water Reclamation Facility Project, as work is set to begin on the second phase of the overall project. On Jan. 7, the city council voted to award a contract “not to exceed” $264,918 to Cogstone Resource Management, Inc. Cogstone is headquartered in […]
- MBPD Promotes Long-Time OfficerBy NEIL FARRELL A long-time Morro Bay Police officer has been promoted, replacing an officer who was hired on with the County Sheriff’s Department. Senior Officer Robert Hufstetler became Sergeant Hufstetler in January, settling into a supervisory role after over 20 years with MBPD. Sgt. Hufstetler started in law enforcement at the Moreno Valley P.D. […]
- Your 2021 Morro BayChamber Board of DirectorsThe Morro Bay Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors are business owner-operators who have been elected by Chamber members to serve three-year terms as volunteer board members. The Board of Directors shape our non-profit’s positions on critical issues for our members, approve our legislative platform and budget, and influence how we work to improve the […]