Overnight, the search continued in pursuit of Mason James Lira, a transient with a last known residence of Fresno according to the suspect’s own Facebook page. Lira is wanted in connection to a homicide of a man found near the Paso Robles train station as well as the shooting of a SLO County Sheriff Deputy in the early morning of June 10, 2020.
The Deputy is listed as serious but stable condition, and law enforcement pursued Lira overnight. Lira was caught on camera at a Paso Robles Chevron on Ramada Drive at CA 46 West around 2 a.m. on Thursday.
Law enforcement continue a search of the area, which is surrounded by rolling hills and close access to the Salinas River. Lira is considered armed and dangerous.
For more on the initial reporting, see the following:
- Update: Shooting suspect still on the run last seen on Ramada Drive and Highway 46, Paso Robles | Jun 11, 2020
- Suspect in a shooting outside the Paso Robles Police Department, Considered Armed and Dangerous | June 10, 2020
- Urgent News: Search Continues for Active Shooter Downtown Paso Robles, Possibly Related to Body Found | June 10, 2020
- SLO Sheriff says shooter directly attacked law enforcement in Paso Robles | June 10, 2020
- Deputy Wounded in Paso Robles Shooting; Body of man shot in head found near train station | June 10, 2020