Events with expected attendance above 250 will be postponed until further notice
The Atascadero Unified School District is working closely with the San Luis Obispo Public Health Department and the San Luis Obispo County Office of Education to monitor, communicate, and prepare for COVID-19.
Today the Governor’s Office of the State of California released a statement with a series of recommendations to help prevent the transmission of COVID-19. At this time the Atascadero Unified School District is following the guidance of Public Health Officials and governmental agencies. As a result, the following precautionary actions will be put in place beginning immediately at all of our school sites:
- Following the recommended guideline of avoiding events of 250 people or more the following activities will be postponed until further notice:
- Athletic events above 250 people will be postponed
- Performing Arts events above 250 will be postponed
- All large events like school assemblies and orientations above 250 people will be postponed
- Additionally, all non-essential gatherings such as field trips, dances, and meetings under 250 people will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis by school administration.
In Atascadero USD we place great value on the health and wellness of our students and employees. Thanks to our outstanding Custodial and Food Service staff, who have been working diligently to keep our facilities clean and safe, with extra attention for restrooms, kitchens, cafeterias, and high contact surfaces. In addition, we have been clearly communicating on a regular basis in regard to healthy hygiene practices with our school community. We encourage students, families, and staff to take everyday preventative actions:
- Stay home when sick. Seek immediate medical care if symptoms become more severe.
- Use “respiratory etiquette.” Cover coughs with a tissue or a sleeve.
- Wash hands frequently. Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces at home.
For those seeking more information please refer to the following link: California Department of PubJic Health on School Guidance for COVID-19
At this time all Atascadero Unified Schools will remain open for daily academic instruction. However, it is always prudent for parents to have a plan in place to care for their children should a school closure become a necessity. Please stay tuned for updates as this is a rapidly changing situation.
Thanks everyone for helping to keep our students and staff safe and well.