After a temporary displacement to Atascadero due to a fire on October 21, The Wellness Kitchen and Resource Center re-opens in its Templeton location on March 1. Since December 3, the meal programs continued thanks to the use of the commercial kitchen at the Atascadero Bible Church; Fig at Courtney’s House for distribution; Idler’s in Paso Robles for hosting the monthly cooking classes; and the Dusi Family for hosting the administration team at their warehouse.
Executive Director Gina Grieb says, “Thanks to our dedicated board of directors, staff, volunteers, donors, in-kind sponsors, media and patrons; together as a community have made it possible for us to get our commercial kitchen ready for daily operation. Without this support, we wouldn’t have been able to resume our Healing and Wellness Food programs and cooking classes.”
Grand Re-Opening Week
The week of March 11 through March 15 is dedicated to welcoming the community back to The Wellness Kitchen and showing appreciation for the outpouring of support. From 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., samples of healing tea will be served, deli lunches will be available for purchase, along with ordering wellness/healing foods and sign-ups for cooking classes.
“It takes a community to make a difference in those we serve,” Grieb said. “The Wellness Kitchen couldn’t operate and serve our patrons without you. Thank you!”
For more information on meal programs, education and events, go to thewkrc.org, call 805-434-1800 or better yet, visit 1255 Las Tablas Road in Templeton.
About The Author
September 14, 2020
November 6, 2019
October 18, 2019
Search Atascadero News
- Remembering September 11, 19 Years LaterWhere were you on September 11, 2001? Nineteen years ago, I was getting ready for work at my house on Scott Street in Paso Robles. I was 22 years old. I had no idea what I was looking at or how it would impact all of our lives going forward. As we watched the terror […]
- Local Printing Company Provides Education ServiceCasey Printing in King City is offering packet printing for schools and teachers to assist in distribution of educational materials as they adapt to distance learning initiatives. The post Local Printing Company Provides Education Service appeared first on Morro Bay Life.
- Landmark Morro Bay Restaurant Offers New Takeout ExperienceThe Galley Grab ‘n’ Go offers take-out and delivery in Morro Bay Known as one of Morro Bay’s landmark waterfront restaurants, The Galley Seafood Grill & Bar is adapting to the COVID-19 crises by moving out of the dining room and into local Morro Bay homes with their new takeout experience. Branded as The Galley Grab […]
- Coronavirus Is Spreading – So Are Related ScamsUnfortunately, fraudsters are trying to take advantage of the viral headlines. On January 30, the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the coronavirus outbreak a public health emergency – and unfortunately, fraudsters are trying to take advantage of the viral headlines. New email phishing scams have been reported in which fraudsters are posing as the Centers […]
- Jack of All Trades: Skateboards, Basketball and FilmJack Smith is a pioneer in the world of skateboarding, having been among the first persons to push a board more than 2,300 miles across the U.S. in 1976; then recreating the feat in 1984, 2003 and 2013 along with a solo-push on an electric board in 2018. His boards are preserved at the Smithsonian […]
- Community Members Rally Together To Support One Another During Health CrisisIn the midst of adapting to a changing daily life in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic, community members are rallying to support one another and make sure that those who are the most vulnerable are surrounded by a network of care to meet their daily needs. Giovanni DeGarimore, a third-generation Central Coast native who […]
- New Townhomes Now For SaleMorro Mist offers affordable two and three bedroom homes A new townhomes project in North Morro Bay is nearing completion and showing units now. Located in the 2400 block of North Main St., the “Morro Mist” project consists of 23 units in a mix of one bedroom-one bath, and three bedroom-two bath floor plans. Each […]
- Morro Bay Art Association presents ‘Beyond the Sea’Art is powerful. It has the ability to communicate important social, political and environmental issues in a way that is loud and unyielding in its resolve and at the same time playful and beautiful in its approach. Inspired by our magnificent oceans and our compelling desire to understand and protect them, this exhibit goes far […]
- Rolling Out the Red CarpetMorro Bay Oscar party raises $600 for MBHS Drama Dept. Movie fans gathered Feb. 9 for a viewing party for the 92nd Annual Academy Awards and raised money to support Morro Bay High School’s Performing Arts Department. Hosted by Sabin Gray, owner of the Hooray for Hollywood movie collectibles and memorabilia shop in Dutchman’s Landing, […]
- Morro Bay LandingConstruction complete on new Embarcadero eatery The newest addition to the Morro Bay waterfront is looking for a few businesses to fill some vacant spaces, in what is certainly a unique-looking edifice. Morro Bay Landing, located at 1213 Embarcadero, finished construction in mid-December by leaseholder, Bob Fowler, and completes a total rebuilding of a lease […]