PASO ROBLES — JUSTIN Vineyards & Winery Monday announced $100,000 in awards through the JUSTIN Community Grants program. Twenty organizations will receive $5,000 each to support initiatives in the North San Luis Obispo County region that include youth programs, social services, and community investments.
Since 2013, JUSTIN has donated over $500,000 to local organizations through grants and employee-directed donations. The organizations receiving grants this year were selected by a committee of employees who volunteer annually to identify worthy organizations that provide projects and services that directly benefit the local community.
“JUSTIN is committed to ensuring that North County remains a vibrant and thriving region,” said Clarence Chia, senior vice president of marketing for JUSTIN. “We are thrilled to be supporting these fantastic organizations and the vital work they do to better our community.”
The 20 organizations each receiving a $5,000 grant today are:
- Affordable Housing Paso Robles – YouthWorks program provides job skills training and mentorship for local youth.
- Assistance League of SLO County – Operation School Bell provides new school clothes for high-need youth.
- Community Action Partnership of SLO County – Adult Day Center serves adults with dementia and Alzheimer’s.
- Fig Café at Courtney's House – Outreach for Fig Café social enterprise providing training for adults with disabilities.
- Cuesta College Foundation – Career exploration events for North County middle school students.
- El Camino Homeless Organization – Expansion to a 24-hour shelter.
- Food Bank of SLO – GleanSLO gleaning program to collect and donate fresh produce.
- Performing Arts Center SLO – Matinee program for North County schools.
- French Hospital Medical Center – Bilingual staff to provide cancer screenings and patient care coordination at Hearst Cancer Resource Center.
- Hospice of SLO County – In-home respite program and grief counseling services.
- must! Charities – Commercial kitchen renovation at ECHO shelter to increase meals served.
- Paso Robles Library Foundation – Expand collections and programs at the Library Study Center.
- Paso Robles Youth Arts Foundation – Visual and performing arts programs.
- RISE SLO County – New flooring for Atascadero domestic violence shelter.
- Seneca Family of Agencies – Training for therapists serving foster youth.
- Templeton Performing Arts Center Foundation – Theater dressing room conversion project.
- Tolosa Children's Dental Center – Preventative dental care for teens.
- Transitions Mental Health Association – Paso Robles mental wellness and therapy services.
- The Wellness Kitchen and Resource Center – Outreach to provide nutritious meals to the medically fragile.
- Wilshire Community Services – Free transportation to appointments for seniors and the disabled.
Requests for a community grant are accepted annually in January. More information about JUSTIN’s grant programs is available at http://justinwinegrants.com/.